I had another one of these posted, but blogspot is temperamental apparently... >_<
I should probably introduce myself.
I'm Kourtney. And I'm 20 years old. Look! Dat's me! :D
![]() |
| I gots mah hurs cut! xD |
So yes... That's me. Where to start... Oh! The beginning of my life. Lol.
I was born on May 31, 1990 in Indianapolis, Indiana. In a hospital of course. xD When I was two, my family and I moved to Noblesville, a small city about 30 to 45 minutes north of my birth home.
For the next 17 years, that was my home. I lived with my mom, dad, and brother. However, when I turned 5, my parents got a divorce and my dad moved down to Georgia. My mom remarried 2 years later when I was in the first grade, and ever since then, I've lived with my mom, step-dad, and brother. My step-sister would come stay with us every other weekend. After my dad moved to Georgia, my brother and I would go visit him three times a year. We'd go down during spring break, two weeks during the summer, and during Christmas break. I always loved going down South. :) It was like going to a second home that was warmer and had red dirt instead of brown. We'd do tons of things like go to the mall, go to the water park that was about half an hour away, go to Lake Lanier, go up to Helen, Georgia, watch movies, and just spend time together. :) It was always a blast. As I got older, my brother and I stopped going together, and started to go at different times. And that was always fun as well. During my freshmen year of high school, my dad moved back up to Indiana with his girlfriend and her two daughters. He currently lives in Sheridan, which is just a 20 minute drive from Noblesville.
Like many other people, I've had pets throughout my life. The first pet I ever had that was my own was Jewel, my beta fish. She was a red beta fish, and I loved her so much. :) I think I had her for about a year or so before I had to flush her down the toilet. It was October, and it had been a few days since my mom and step-dad had gotten married. They were in Florida, celebrating their honeymoon. My cousin Donna was staying with me and my brother while they were gone. One night, I went to go feed Jewel, and I noticed that she was floating on her back. I thought she was taking a nap. After feeding her and coming back later, I realized something was wrong. Donna came to check with me, and told me that Jewel had passed away. I was devastated! D: My fish had died! All because of me! I thought maybe I had fed her too much, or not enough, or maybe I hadn't loved her enough. All of these ideas were running through my mind. I was so upset. Then I remembered what people did when their fish died: THEY FLUSHED THEM DOWN THE TOILET!!! D: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This would not fly by me! I wouldn't have it! But it was too late... Donna had already taken my hand and was leading me to the toilet. As I said my last goodbye to Jewel and as the flushing began, I quickly grabbed Jewel out of the toilet with my bare hand! I didn't want to say goodbye to her. :( But it had to be done. So Donna flushed it, and she was gone. My first pet... DEAD AND GONE! D: WHAT EVER WAS I GOING TO DO!
Eventually, I got over Jewel's death. About two years later, that whole, "OMGIWANTAPUPPYCANWEGETAPUPPYPLEASEMOMPLEASEDAD" phase overcame me. It was about 6 months after we'd moved into our new house that we got Luke. :) He was an Australian Terrier, and about a year old. We got him at Pass Pets in the Castleton Mall. I was completely certain that we wouldn't be getting him. I was at my grandparents house in Indy for the weekend. When Sunday came, I was excited to go home. But when my parents came, they had a little surprise for me. It was our new puppy! :D My step-dad was carrying him in a towel and he had just had a bath. I loved him right away. Unfortunately, I got very little sleep that night because he was a noisy little fellow. But that was the first night of many nights with him.
![]() |
| Luke on his last 4th of July |
Luke was a great dog. He was definitely a best friend to me. And the bond we shared was pretty awesome, especially when it came to music. His favorite composer was Mozart. He would lay in our living room while I would practice piano. It always calmed him down. Unfortunately, as time went on and as he got older, he began to get very sick. He was always shaking and would always growl at us. We knew he was in great pain because he had never acted like that in his younger years. After a little bit of research, I came across something that sounded like what may have been going on with Luke. A brain tumor. And I felt a little relieved that I knew what was causing him so much pain. But it still did no good to know that he was in so much pain and to see him suffering. On December 2, 2008, he went to Doggie Heaven. I loved that dog so much. But I know he's in a better place now.
We went a little less than a year without a pet in our household. On Halloween 2009, my parents brought home a new addition to our family: Lexee. She was a ball of pent up energy and wanted to bite everything in sight. She loves running around the house and jumping up and down on the couches. xD And whenever Matt is over, she loves to jump on his head. Yes, his HEAD. She loves people, and will most likely be your best friend. Although she is a crazy little girl, we all love her. :)
![]() |
| Lexee as a small puppy |
![]() |
| Lexee loving the Colts! :D |
Although Lexee is at home, I mss her dearly. :( But I love her tons! :D
I have two other pets. Their names are Lil' McHipp and O'Hopp. :) They are mah froggies. :D
![]() |
| The one up top is O'Hopp and the one below is Lil' McHipp |
They just sit on desk, swimming around their little bamboo tree and being cute little froggies. :D
So moving away from pets, I'll tell you a little bit more about myself.
I have an obsessive behavior sometimes. Like... I'll love something so much that I'll only focus on that one thing over others. Take Facebook for example. I'm on there more during the day than I sleep at night. So yeah... I have an obsession with Facebook, the Interwebz, and my computer. I'm on it as much as possible.
I'm also the world's pickiest eater. Seriously guys. I dislike most vegetables and I dislike fruit. :P You can hate me or smack me for this if you must or just simply feel the need to. >_>
I love TV. I have specific TV shows that I absolutely love and some that I absolutely see no point in watching. I love True Blood. It's not just because it's about vampires. It's the storyline I love. Plus Eric and Bill are hot. It's as simple as that. I also love Grey's Anatomy. :D I think that's partially part of the reason why I wanted to go into the medical field. Plus, when I found out that Matt's uncle plays Alex Karev, I about flipped and crapped my pants. First off, Alex Karev is my favorite character. Secondly, Alex Karev is hot. I will not deny that. Sorry Matt. I know it's creepy that I think your uncle is hot, but I can't deny that. I'm sorry. You'll just have to deal with it. xD Third... Well really, there's no third. Lol. I've recently started watching Hell's Kitchen. That show is fantastic! And I'm so happy that that fat, idiotic man named Raj is off for good! He should never have been on that show, no matter how experienced he is. And that Sabrina chick... I hope she's off next because I'll be honest, she's a real, true BITCH! ):<
So I switched to another paragraph for this next one. Glee. Yes. I'm a Gleek. But I have reason to be one. And that reason is because in high school, that was exactly what my life was like. I was outcasted somewhat. I honestly never felt like I fit in anywhere; except with my friends in choir. Show choir was my life. I competed with New Dimension (the all-female show choir) for three years. I was a techie my freshmen year of high school, and it was quite the experience. That compelled me to want to be in show choir. I wanted so very badly to be in Singers, which was the top, the elite show choir. Only because it was mixed. Unfortunately, I never made it into Singers ever, and my dreams were shattered at the end of my junior year when I saw my name on that list for New Dimension. But to be honest, I'm glad I was never in Singers. I met some of the best girls ever in New Dimension my senior year. :) And I love them all! I miss them all so much, no matter where they're at now. So going back to why I watch Glee. 1. That was my life! I can relate to them all so much. 2. I love bursting out into song and so desperately wish life could be one big musical sometimes. 3. Show choir was the bomb diggity. I will never lie about that. I was an avid show choir junkie. xD I would go online to YouTube and look up different show choir routines and just imagine myself competing with them. Lol. So in other words, I was crazy in high school because I had no life except for music.
So speaking of high school... I loved it. I know some people hated it, but I honestly loved it at times. That's where I had some of the best times of my life with some of the best friends ever. Although, I've lost some of those friends... Ok really, it was just one friend. I don't talk to him anymore. We don't speak to one another because I broke his heart last year. He was honestly the love of my life, or so I thought. Turns out he wasn't that great of a person. >_> Then again, I only had eyes for him and no one else. At least that was until Matt came along. :) So even though this guy is out of my life, it's not that big of a deal. I've moved on and I'm sure in time, he will too. Besides, I've still got my friends that really matter. And those are the people I talked about in my last post. I may have left some out but I can always go and make another post and talk about the people I missed.
Right now, I'm sitting on the third floor lounge of my dorm, Kinghorn, and looking out the window. I can feel the sunlight hitting my right foot and it feels fantastic. I'm half tempted to go outside and blog out there. But as of right now, I should probably go study for my anatomy test that I have at 6. Ugh... My nerves are running wild right now. >_< So hopefully I can do well on this test. :P Wish me luck peoples! :D Bye!






No comments:
Post a Comment