My name is Kourtney. I'm a 20 year old college student. I'm currently in my second year at Ball State University. And I... Wait... Why am I still typing in Times font? I hate Times font!
That's much better. Arial is a much better font in my eyes. Lol. So yes... I'm 20 years old and I attend Ball State University. This is my second year at this great school, and I'm very lucky to be here. Last year didn't go as well as it should have; and that's only because I procrastinated a lot of the time and was more interested in Facebook and my boyfriend at the time. Not exactly the best way to start your life in college. >_>
However, this year is much better. I realize that I'm much happier than I was at this time last year (well... for the most part). This time of year always has me down quite a bit. It's the same for other people too. AND I KNOW THEY KNOW IT! >_>
As of right now, my major is Radiography (and no, it has nothing to do with the radio xD). Basically, it's radiology, except you don't have to deal with 8 years of med school to get your degree. No. This is a 2-year program through Ball State. This year, I'll get my pre-clinical classes out of the way (so 28 credits). And in February, I can apply for the Radiography program. If I get in, I'll start the clinical phase of this process in May of 2011 at Clarian Health in Indy, and complete it by July of 2012. And within those 14 months, I'll be able to choose my career path (X-ray tech, MRI tech, CT scan tech, ultra sound tech, etc). My hope is to follow a path either through CT scans or ultra sounds. Although I won't get to finish my schooling on campus at BSU and I'll be farther away from my friends, at least I'll be able to finish my degree and get a job before I was originally supposed to graduate in May 2013. Hopefully, this plan will follow through with itself.
So basically, this is the first post of three today. This is just a bit about me. The second one will be about myself and some things about me. And the third one will be about the friends in my life; the ones who I am closest with and who have changed my life. :) So for now, I say goodbye! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment