Thursday, September 30, 2010

You're Driving Me Into A Freaking Wall!

F*** YOU BASS GUY!!!!

I really don't want to use derogatory language on this blog all that much. But seriously... This is an exception...

So as most of you know, I live in Kinghorn. And it's a fantastic place. The rooms are nice, the food is great, and I feel so much more accepted in this dorm than I did in my last one. I moved in towards the end of August. It was Wednesday, August 18. And I didn't stay the night because I was anxious about staying alone. : / So I stayed the night at a friend's house. The next night, I spent the night in my room. Which was fine. Until all of a sudden, there was this noise that kept me up half the night. It was the boom of a bass. I wanted to stab someone.

I don't really appreciate it when someone keeps me up half the night almost every single night. I could deal with it the first couple of nights, but by that Saturday, he had pissed me off to no end. He had even kept my roommate up all night on Saturday night. She didn't fall asleep until about 6 in the morning. So that night, I went to my RA, and talked to her about this whole situation. While I'm sure she went to talk to this guy about it, he obviously didn't listen to her. >_<

So almost every night since then, he has gone til about 3 in the morning, playing his music really loud. It is very disturbing! I've lost a lot of sleep because of this douche box. >_< Is it too much to ask for a simple night of sleep with no sound? Please! Anywho... I don't know this guy's name, nor do I really want to know his name. So therefore, I've resorted to calling him Bass Guy. I've complained about him so much on Facebook and to my friends that I simply just had to write about him. Lol.

It's not that he has a horrible taste in music. It's just he NEVER changes it up. It always varies between country and rap. During one of his head bobbing sessions, it's country. And then the next, it's hardcore rap. And just last night, for the first time, he played metal. Don't get me wrong. I like all types of music. But when a person plays rap late at night, especially 3 in the morning, you seriously begin to rethink your own taste in music. Unless you're the one causing the noise.

I've talked to this douche box about 5 times this semester, and I've even left him a freaking note! And in that note, I politely asked him, "Hey Mr. Bass Guy, can you please keep your bass down or completely turned off at night and during the afternoons? Or maybe wear a pair of headphones? Please. It's very disturbing, especially at night because I can not sleep. Blah blah blah... Your Sleeping Neighbors :)" Now... Is that too much to ask for? To politely turn his bass speakers off? I don't think so. So what happens next? Not even 3 minutes after I've gotten back into bed after leaving that note outside his door, he comes a knockin'. And with someone else! I assume it's his roommate (which I intentionally thought he didn't have one. Whoops). So we talked things out. And we agreed that he'd keep his music down or off during quiet hours on the week nights and during the day when I'm studying. I told him he could have it up on Saturdays, because honestly, I really don't care about Saturdays. I'm out with friends on Saturdays so it doesn't really matter. And that was the agreement. He even told me, "Look, I want everyone in this dorm to be happy so I'll go with what they want." Really Bass Guy? HA!

I shouldn't have believed him. Because not even 5 minutes after we'd finished talking with one another, I hear, "BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOOOOOOOOM!" and lots of yelling from him and his roommate/friend/butt buddy/whoever! Seriously, does this guy not realize how inconsiderate he's being? Apparently not. I know I should've gone to the Hall Director right away, but honestly, I thought this guy would get the picture at some point. Nope. Now I seriously think he's just doing it to be an ass to me. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him because you could just tell by the look on his douche box face that he doesn't really care about anyone but himself. Hmpf!

So maybe one of these days, I will get back to my normal sleep schedule... Whatever that may be.

3 comments:

  1. you should call the front desk repeatedly. eventually he'll get in big trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah. And keep talking to your RA too. It didn't help with me cause my RA didn't care about anything but maybe yours will and actually write the guy up. =)

    ReplyDelete